College Planning Bulletin September 2020
College Planning Bulletin
A monthly college planning guide for Nebraska high school students
Seniors…4 must-do tasks for this fall!
- Attend the EducationQuest Virtual College Fair Sept. 27-30. This statewide event will feature colleges from across Nebraska and the nation along with live college-prep presentations.
- Apply to your top college choices. Click here to find a college application checklist and other helpful resources.
- Create a Federal Student Aid account at studentaid.gov (both you and a parent will need an account). This is the site you will use to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Complete the FAFSA at studentaid.gov on or after October 1. The FAFSA is your application for federal, state, and college-based financial aid.
Get FREE help from EducationQuest
- Attend an EducationQuest Virtual Financial Aid Program to learn about financial aid and the FAFSA. During the presentation, you can register to win a $500 scholarship!
- Find free FAFSA Tools at EducationQuest.org to help you prepare for and complete the FAFSA.
- Call the location nearest you to set up an appointment for free help: Omaha – 888.357.6300, Lincoln – 800.303.3745, Kearney – 800.666.3721, and Scottsbluff – 800.303.3745, ext. 6654.
September To-Do List
Juniors and seniors, attend the EducationQuest Virtual College Fair Sept. 27-30.
Seniors, apply to your top college choices.
Seniors, create a Federal Student Aid account for you and one for a parent at studentaid.gov.
Juniors and seniors, attend a Virtual Financial Aid Program.
Seniors, register by Aug. 26 for the Sept. 26 SAT.
Seniors, register by Sept. 17 for ACT tests on Oct. 10, 17, 24, or 25.
For free help with college planning, contact EducationQuest Foundation:
800-303-3745, ext. 6654
Your Journey to College Begins with Us