2016 Junior Academy of Sciences
2016 JUNIOR ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
COMPETITION RESULTS ANNOUNCED
Thirty-three junior high school students and 28 senior high school students from across the state recently competed in the Nebraska Junior Academy of Sciences science fair.
The competition has been held each year since the late 1970’s to encourage student interest in STEM careers associated with science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
The 2016 science fair was held at the Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum in Ashland.
Students who received a Senior Division top eight ranking will represent Nebraska at the American Junior Academy of Science annual meeting, which is held in conjunction with the National Association of Academy of Sciences and the American Association for the Advancement of Science meetings, Feb. 15-19, 2017, in Boston.
These student delegates will present their scientific research, meet with internationally renowned scientists and collaborate with other young scientists.
The following students were recognized for their Senior Division, grades 9-12, top eight projects:
· Keylee Bruck, Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo, Zoo Academy
· Marcella Jurotich, Wayne Community Schools
· Allison Kohl, Central City Public Schools
· Amanda Macke and Jasmine Wilson, Central City Public Schools
· Brent R. Miller, Lyons-Decatur Northeast Public Schools
· Edward Nieman, Omaha North High School
· Emily Skinner, Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo, Zoo Academy
· Daniel Stara, Aquinas Catholic Schools